A wooden gothic fortress was located in Paskov probably already in the second half of the 13th century, but the first written mention appears only in 1484. The fortress was rebuilt in the form of a renaissance castle at the end of the 16th century by Ctibor Syrakovsky from Pěrkov.
During the Thirty Years' War, Paskov was burned down in 1643 and the castle itself was destroyed. Its owners, the Bruntalsky family from Vrbno, restored it at the end of the 17th century already in the baroque style. The castle was complemented by a forecourt with small corner towers, so-called roundels.
In 1869, the château burned down and its then owner, Saint Genois d'Aneaucourt, had the building rebuilt in a neoclassical style, in which it has survived to the present day. The entrance to the building was highlighted by a risalit with a triangular shield and vases, and a balcony was added on the east side of the castle.
The last noble owners were the Stolbergs. The first of them, Günther, had the still flat roof of the tower in front of the castle fitted with a dome in 1893. In 1914, he built a pseudo-baroque chapel next to the castle, which he had dedicated to the patron saint of the Stolbergs, St. Elisabeth from Thüringen.
In 1945, the castle of the Stolberg family was confiscated due to cooperation with the Nazis. From the beginning of the 1950s to 2004, an oncology hospital was established in the castle. After the end of operation of the hospital, the castle complex was abandoned by the Ostrava Faculty Hospital and fell into disrepair for several years.
In April 2013, the city of Paskov bought the historical buildings and part of the park, with a vision for their new use. Over the course of several years, it was possible to gradually repair a larger part of the castle, which now serves as a museum of the Paskov estate and a facility for the city's cultural and social events.
The castle is open to the public in the summer season, always on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. At this time, changing exhibitions of local painters and photographers are installed on the upper floor of the castle, which attract visitors from near and far.
The castle is surrounded by a park, originally built in French, later English style. The park is freely accessible to visitors.